Have you ever spent too much time choosing Departure / Arrival airports for your flight? This application provides a solution for this problem by suggesting airports that you can fly from or fly to considering several factors. The application can scan your MSFS Community folder looking for airport addons. With this information, the app can help you utilize your addons, and plan flights with these airports, which can be very helpful for players with a lot of addons.
- Scan your Microsoft Flight Simulator Community, and marketplace folder for Addons
- The app can scan for linked folders created with Addon Linker, scan runs automatically at the first start
- Visualize your addon airports on a map
- Generate flights between your addon, or any other airports
- Calculate distance between airports, and get an estimated flight time with custom average speed
- Display all MSFS airports, filter it by properties
- Generate Departure / Arrival airports based on
- Airport type
- Flight Distance
- Flight time (ETE)
- If addon scenery is available for the airport
- Display bing 3d photogrammetry (The accuracy of the boundaries will improve over time, it involves a lot of manual work)
- Display VATSIM and Ivao traffic and atc coverage (CTR atc boundaries may not fully be accurate yet, check it from other sources before your flight)
- Filter add-on and default airports by ATC availability
- You can generate SimBrief flightplans right from the app, and display ofp or PDF, or download flightplans for your aircrafts
- Option to filter your addons on the map, or disable a specific one
- Option to display precipitation, cloud data on map (Data source: RainViewer api)
- Search airport by icao / airport name
- Add multiple airports to route
- Export route to .PLN format to open in MSFS or further editing in other softwares
- Airport METAR data is displayed in selected airport data section if available for the airport (Data source: MET Norway)
- Save app state and load it automatically for each session
- Choose from several map style
- Copy coordinates with right click
Installation (This is a portable version)
- Download, extract the .rar file (with WinRAR or similar) to any location you have write, read access
- Start the application with AirportFinder.exe file
- Start the application with AirportFinder.exe file
- On the first start select your Flight Simulator Community folder (https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/hc/en-gb/articles/5023507568925-How-to-locate-the-Community-folder-in-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator)
- If you use Addon Linker app you can select its settings folder, if it doesen't gets recognised automatically
- By default that folder is: "c:\programdata\msfs addons linker"
- After first startup, you can check added addon folders in the Settings page. If one of your (E.g Official/OneStore or Official/Steam) folder wasn't added aoutomatically, you can add it manually with "Add Addon folder location button"
- By default, the map view shows installed addon sceneries with green circles
- Circle size represents the airport size, red circle indicates a closed airport
- On the left Menu bar, you can scroll through all your MSFS addons
- Click on an airport to select it, then you can set the selected airport as Departure / Arrival airport
- You can also generate random airports for Departure / Arrival from
- Airports you have addon installed
- Airports with specific size
- Airports displayed on the map
- All airports
- You can filter random airports by distance, ETE. Note, that you have to set at least one airport(Departure or Arrival) for the panel to appear.
- If you have both a valid arrival and departure airport selected the application will calculate the flight distance.
- You can display default airports too which you don’t have 3rd party scenery installed for. These airports are appearing as blue circles on the map.
- On the left side of the map page, you can find an airport filtering panel. With this you can filter default airports by
- Maximum, minimum radius from selected airport IMPORTANT: You must select an airport for this to work as described!
- You can select, and display the layer type from the Weather Settings panel on the left side
- Airport METAR data is displayed in selected airport data section if data is available
- You can add other airports to route by selecting it and clicking add to route, or entering the airprot ICAO code to "Add other airports to route" field
- You can export the route to .PLN format with "export route .PLN" button in the calculate airport distance section
- You can search for airports with find airport field located on the left side below Weather Settings panel.
- Bing 3d photogrammetry display can be enabled from the "Bing 3d photogrammetry" panel on the left side.
- You can choose the best suited map style for your flight in the "Tile layer selector" panel (E.g the terrain map style if you want to plan a flight in the mountains)
- You can enable VATSIM or Ivao Traffic, ATC coverage to display in the Vatsim/Ivao panel (below the "Find airport panel")
- If you have enabled vatsim/ivao ATC display, you can filter the shown airports on the map to only show airports with ATC availability. Enable "Show airports only with ATC" button in the Non add-on or the add-on airport filtering panel.
- If VATSIM/IVAO ATC display is enabled rings around airport circles are showing atc availability.(each atc type has its own color) You can hover on the dot for further ATC information.
- SimBrief feature usage:
- If you have a selected Arrival and Departure airport you can click "Generate flight plan with SimBrief" button in the Calculate Airport Distance section
- On the SimBrief panel you can select / modify the data for the flightplan generation
- If there is an option you want to use which is not present in the app you can open it on the SimBrief website with the "open plan in SimBrief" button (below the big "Generate flightplan" button) for further editing.
- You can start the generation with the "Generate flightplan" button
- After successfull generation the OFP will pop up in an another panel. You can open the generated plan on the SimBrief website with Open in SimBrief button.
- You can open the OFP in a PDF format by clicking Open PDF button
- If you want to download the flightplan for a specific airplane you can select it with select flightplan download selector
- On the main map page in the calculate airport distance panel there is a button "Open last SimBrief OFP" for opening last generated flightplan OFP if you have generated one in the current session.
- Your generated flight plan will be loaded on the map after generation, you can hide it with the "Hide simbrief route" button
- You can now filter your addon airports with "Filter your add-on airports panel" under the non addon filter panel
- You can filter by airport type
- Scenery creators can be excluded too, you can exclude as many creators as you want from the map
- You can disable a specific addon to hide it from the map. On the left menu panel in the addon list you have "Enabled"/"Disabled" button for each addon.
- If scenery information couldn't be extracted from the scenery files and is not appearing on the map you can manually set Icao, and airport coordinates. With theese addons in the addon list panel there is a "Set Position" button for setting these information.
- Display real world traffic
- Filter airports by weather conditions
- Adding real world airline routes
- Adding filtering by Continent, Region, City, elevation
Please Note: This is an unstable BETA version of the application.
If you like the app and you would like to support my work on Buy Me a Cofee, Click here
Buy me a coffee supporters are provided with a key for hiding the "Buy me a coffee" button, and future early access features
Thanks for reading :)