San Mateo–Hayward Bridge
The San Mateo–Hayward Bridge (often referred to as just the San Mateo Bridge) is the longest of the highway bridges that span San Francisco Bay; in fact, it is the longest bridge in the state of California, and currently 25th longest in the world, at 7 miles total. The bridge is a combination of a 2 mile long 'high-rise' section opened in 1967, and a 5 mile causeway trestle whose original construction was in 1929. The bridge crosses San Francisco Bay between the cities of Foster City and Hayward, carrying California State Route 92.
The bridge is a important visual landmark for pilots flying in the Bay Area, particularly on approach to San Francisco International Airport, where it is used as a landmark in the charted visual approaches to Runways 28L and 28R.
- Hand-modeled recreation of the San Mateo–Hayward Bridge (and its toll plaza just east of the bridge itself), along with a basic rendition of the Werder Pier on the San Mateo end of the bridge.
- LOD models to reduce performance impact.
- Added night lights to the bridge: road lights from native object library, boat guidance lights custom in Blender.
- Some light terraforming and vegetation tweaks around the bridge ends.
- This is the second of a few forthcoming bridge addons I'm working on for the Bay Area, since the default scenery still lacks proper models for everything except the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge. For those following along, Richmond - San Rafael is the next one planned.
- Download the ZIP file and extract the "whitearcades-sanmateobridge" folder to your Community folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community
For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Other Scenery By Me
Other than that it's mostly amusement parks, but if you're into that...