As requested something a little more unusual if you know me - a landmark.
This is a MSFS 2020 represantation of the mountain "Grosser Arber" in the bavarian forest national park. The große Arber is the highest mountain in bavaria outside of the alpine region with an elevation of 1456m/ 4776ft.
The two radomes on the mountain's summit are a good landmark for VFR flying and can be seen from quite a far distance in real life (good weather mandatory of course). During the cold war this station was used to monitor all the (military) traffic in eastern parts of europe.
The Arber region is also known for its winter sport resort. Many ski lifts and ski slopes can be found on the northeastern part of the mountain.
The scenery features the most obvious stuff:
- Radomes and infastracture, antenna, ski lifts, slopes and flood lights on the slopes.
- Marked as "STAR" POI on the world map.
In order to have the scenery being shown correctly additional files are required:
There MIGHT be a winter-inspired update, respectively alternate version in the future. If so you can expect some winter sport fun with skiers and everything that makes it enjoyable.
Since I am that virtual wanna-be rescue pilot kinda guy you can also find an emergency on the mountain. An elderly person suffered a heart attack and would find it very welcome if someone would come pick him up.
- Because of the way the sim handles LOD it can happen that the radar station is "popping up" bit by bit with the radom being the first thing visible. It's not a big deal and doesn't let down the fun. Just wanted to mention it though.
- By default a red obstacle light point is placed on the summit of the mountain. I haven't found a way yet do disable it. Looks only dumb when it's dark (who would've thought) and being close to the mountain, which you usually don't do during normal sim flying anyway.
- It may not work correctly in future sim updates. But I'm sure y'all know this is a big gamble every time there's another update around. We'll see about that.
Open the downloaded file and place the "chrispiaviation_grosserarber" inside the community folder.