Bergen airport, Flesland.
The default airport in flight simulator is unfortunately situated on top of the border between an old and a terrible satellite photo. The ground under the airport also has challenging elevation data, being captured during construction. In addition to this, parking, apron and taxiways are based on old data from before the construction of the new terminal, but the visuals include the new terminal.This started as an attempt to cover up and correct these issues, and has evolved into recreating the airport using default + custom 3D assets and custom ground markings.
Recommended addons from other authors near Bergen:
- Bergen features - Highly recommended addon that adds a lot of landmarks and terrain adjustments in the Bergen area.
- NOTE: untested after ENBR 1.6.0, please report if there are issues.
- Nordhordlandsbroen and Hardangerbrua - Bridges in the Bergen area.
Like some other addon airports, the following will cause issues:
Justflight / Black Square's Real Taxiways - Terraforming and parking spots. Disable ENBR in that package.
GSX pro - Terraforming, jetways and parking spots. Disable jetways for ENBR in the GSX config utility and all will be fine.
Andres3d airport lights - extra lightmasts in wrong positions.
Asset pack info:
This airport uses my asset pack. It can be downloaded here: ENxx asset pack
I have implemented support for Nool Aerosystems' VDGS utility on gates 8-24. This is the same VDGS module being used in certain payware airports. Using these is completely optional and requires the installation of their module. The utility uses an exe file to collect information from installed aircraft cfg files to determine accurate nosewheel position and a wasm module that will let the display guide you to an accurate stop every time.
The display will automatically wake up as you taxi towards your gate showing you the detected aircraft type and flight number and start giving you distance guidance as you move closer. It will also show you current ingame time while parked.
Note: The default 747-800 has a door bug and will probably be guided to a stop 20-30 meters too early.
To install the VDGS module please download here: https://flightsim.to/file/39576/msfs-visual-docking-guidance-system
- Custom lights
- Correctly placed and named taxiways
- Correctly placed and named parking spaces on terminal area
- Terraforming + sloped runway
- Custom ground paint
- Grass aprons to cover broken aerial images
- 3D models including:
- Passenger terminals
- Helicopter terminal
- Avinor admin/fire station
- Tech hangars
- Light masts
- Flying club hangar
- Parking garage
Note: Parking spots in GA area are unmarked and I've given them numbers in the 100+ range (North parking).The de-ice/cargo parking spots at taxiway U are marked 1-4 and I've given them parking numbers 91-94.
Parking H50-H56 are the helicopter parking spots outside the helicopter terminal and are not connected to the AI taxi network.
- Runway and taxiway lights may spawn at wrong elevation on terraformed airports. This is an MSFS issue. Setting higher Terrain off-screen pre-caching and higher Terrain LOD settings help.
Fixed SU11 issue with approach and arrival procedures
Added helipads. (Will keep the old parking spots until 3rd party helis are helipadcompatible).
Apron and taxiway texture overhaul
Terraforming overhaul for compatibility.
MINOR update, you only really need this update if you're using AI traffic addons.
1.9.2: Changes to parking spots (radius and position) to maximize the available gate parking for AI traffic.
Reason: Overlapping parking spots block each other from AI use in MSFS.
Emergency update for Terminal 3 glass bugs. I've also started remodeling T3.
VDGS! Implemented Nool Aerosystems VDGS module. Please read description above for info and installation.
Delete old version before installing!
- Taxisigns adjusted to better reflect real life signs.
- Terraforming adjustments to reduce the bumpy aprons and taxiways.
- Disabled H54 and H52 for static Sikorsky S-92 parking. (I know that's controversial, but H50, 51, 53, 55, 56 are still available).
- ENxx Assetpack is no longer included in download, but highly recommended.
These files have been uploaded to flightsim.to and may not be redistributed to other sites or used commercially.